Sunday, May 12, 2013

Journal writing and taking time for rituals

A while back, I wrote the title for this entry but didn't put any content.That's one of the features of my personality, coming up with an idea and not beginning it. Writing things down is handy for remembering all the things I mean to start. So many things.

May 11, 2013
Was the Toronto Comic Arts Festival in Toronto ON. I overdosed on journal comics and spent too much money on zines I only sorta liked and waffled about the one I really coveted. Why is that? I do it all too often with money.
Haha anyways, It was inspiring to see the work of all the different artists and their different styles and words. I can't imagine how scary it would be to essentially lay yourself out on paper like that and have people walk by and critique it within a few seconds, pick it up, flip through the pages, put it down and walk away. Like many mini rejections almost. It would take some work I imagine to not take it personally.

I feel like I am not making sense at the moment. This past week has been a whirlwind of new things and new faces and I feel a bit of a cold coming on. But I am feeling the tug to be creative today. I will walk to a cafe after Ukulele class and sit and draw and daydream and write in my journal.

Idea one:
Write my own hourly comic, or at least write it out

Idea two:
Comics or a zine about my adventures

Idea three:
One of the zine ideas I wrote down on that little green index card

Idea Four:
Remember to do that thing with all my old journals where I pick out entries that are all from a single day from  different years.

Idea Five:
Write and take photos about daily routines/rituals. Or draw pictures of everyday objects

Hmm... Should really have written down what I thought of yesterday because the ideas have flown the coop that is my skull.



No comments:

Post a Comment